Money, Wages, Allowances & Benefits
• Can apply for an EMA on the same terms as full-time students.
• Travel expenses – non-employed learners get help with travel, often a travel pass.
• If you are a non-employed trainee, You may be entitled to Income Support if you live independently as well as EMA.
• If you have to live away from home to do your training, you may be entitled to a lodging allowance.
• You may be able to claim Housing Benefit – whether you are a basic or employed trainee – if you live independently. Apply to your local council.
• Currently receive a non-means tested EMA of £30. This may change in 2010.